This Section is intended as a student aid in learning and practicing forms.
Thirteen Kinetic Movements, Secret Yang Style (Michuan)
1)Taiji qigong warm ups & Thirteen Kinetic Movements
By Greg Illich,
Serendipity Tai Chi. My student,
Qigong moving exercises
∑ Hamstring stretch to sides, circling hand over front toes, back leg bent, front leg straight
∑ Getting off the floor from supine position, circle around to standing
∑ holding teacup move hand circularly and overhead to bend backwards
∑ Taiji circle
∑ Grinding Elbow
∑ Breathing through the kidneys
∑ squat and circle hands, lift one foot, turn and circle hands
∑ take a drink
Qigong static exercises
∑ Chinese chair against wall
∑ ward off
Rail road exercises
13 Kinetic Movements
3. Transition to the Right 90 degrees
4. Ward off Right side
5. Brush birdís tail
a) sit and separate
b) hold ball
c) brush pheasant's tail
d) lion opens the mouth
e) hold ball
f) ward off
6. Roll back
7. Seeming counter and closure
Transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 3 through 6 left side, transition to the right 90 degrees and repeat 3 through 6 right side, then transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 3 through 6 left side.
1. Transition to the right 90 degrees.
2. Pull down to the right.
3. Brush knee twist step.
4. Play the lute.
Transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 2 through 4 left side, transition to the right 90 degrees and repeat 2 through 4 right side, transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 2 through 4 left side.
1. Transition to the right, to the corner, 135 degrees.
2. Pull down.
3. Bending backwards: catch ball and lift foot while circling arms forward and back.
4. Side twist
5. Hidden kick
6. Elbow stroke
7. Shoulder stroke
8. Central equilibrium
9. Ward off (retreating)
10. Play the lute (retreating)
11. Press (retreating)
Transition to the left 180 degrees (opposite corner) and repeat 2 through 12 left side, transition to the right 90 degrees and repeat 2 through 12 right side, transition to the left 180 degrees and repeat 2 through 12 left side.
13. (After fourth side) pivot on left heel so that toes are now facing the original starting direction. Left hand palm up to dan tien. Right hand palm down, extend arm out and bring back in an arc at shoulder level. Slide right foot next to left foot, hands point down, arms extend down, draw back to front of legs
14. Cross Hands
15. Carry tiger back to the mountain
16. Conclusion of form, bow.
Traditional 64 Movement Yang Style Tai Chi Sword Form
As taught to Greg Illich by Master George Ling Hu.
This is the long version of the traditional Yang Style Sword Form. It is practiced slowly with the weight of the supported with your back and waist rather than your arm. Generally, the hand without the sword is held with the index and middle fingers together and extended.
email: email@example.com Mobile: 713-854-7469